Featured
Convert Clear

After being expelled from UoN, this is what Babu Owino’s SONU rival Mike Jacobs does at Westlands

Expelled University of Nairobi SONU 2016 aspirant, Mike Jacobs Odhiambo, has resorted to personal business as he waits court ruling following a petition he had filed against his expulsion from the institution.
Mike Jacobs was expelled from University of Nairobi in April 22, 2016 for leading students’ protests that lasted three days following “fraudulent SONU April 1 election” – as he termed it.
He defended his actions saying peaceful alternatives to resolving the dispute were exhausted, but no amicable solution was reached.
In May, Mike Jacobs went to the High Court to challenge UoN’s decision to suspend him alongside seven other students from the institution.

The students sought court’s redress and asked for the suspension of the university’s ruling, saying it was unfair as they were not given a chance to defend themselves.
The matter is still before court.
But, presently what does Mike Jacobs do?
“I am currently doing business in Westlands and other places. Into the future, I intend to venture into politics. 2017 is quite immediate; but in 2022, be sure to see me on the ballot papers for Gem parliamentary seat; not an MCA, that is such a low position for my status (laughs).”
“My mind is out of school already. After I would have accumulated enough money to help me with my political ambition, I will be home and dry,” he toldeDaily.
“Nonetheless, if University of Nairobi reinstates me, I will go back and complete my degree – I was a semester away from completing my education.”
What is his biggest wish?
“To see University of Nairobi being governed properly. As per now, I doubt if the institution churns the best graduates in East Africa as it is widely claimed.”
And does he regret his actions while he was a UoN student?
“I don’t have any regrets for leading students’ protest. I have never met Babu Owino because I am busy with my businesses. But if I were to meet him, I’ll tell Babu to engage in things that are productive within his age (sic).”
Mike Jacobs was, until his expulsion, a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Psychology student.
The 23-year-old owns a general supplies company which he started in 2014. He also owns a clothing company that makes tailor made suits for gentlemen.

Via; https://edaily.co.ke/entertainment/

Post a Comment

CodeNirvana
Newer Posts Older Posts
'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();
© Copyright THE TRUTH KENYA Published.. Blogger Templates
Back To Top